5 Ways That A Templated Website Can Hurt Your Business
The rise of the Internet has truly revolutionized the ways in which companies and organizations do business. However, in today’s business economy, simply having a website is not enough. Many businesses make the mistake of using a templated website, rather than investing in a custom, professionally-designed website. Here is a list of just 5 reasons why having a cookie-cutter website can actually hurt your business.
1. Unprofessional – It’s important that your business maintain professionalism in every way. Cookie-cutter websites are often inefficient and cheap, two qualities you do not want to associate with your company or organization. Making a great impression immediately is necessary in the online business world. If a website looks clunky or outdated, customers will move on to another company. Customers prefer the dynamic and intuitive designs that are offered on professionally designed websites. Make sure your website accurately represents your business and stands out from the crowd by investing in a custom web design rather than a template.
2. Unoriginal – An unoriginal website implies an unoriginal business. If your website is based on a template, you can be sure that countless other companies will be using the exact same design. Show your customers the services and qualities that are unique to your business with a custom designed website.
By working with a team of professionals, you can customize the content and location of every item on your website. Rather than trying to conform your individual business to a standard template, invest in a custom website that can fully showcase your business’ unique image, strengths and benefits.
3. Lack of Control – Flexibility is extremely important when operating a successful business. Unfortunately, a cookie-cutter website often does not leave room for any changes and expansions that your business may have. By choosing to work with a professional web design team, however, your business can make adjustments and improvements to your website as often as you like. For example, a professionally designed website allows you to rearrange pages and features according to customer demands, from social media to an online store. Make sure you don’t limit your website’s current size, and its future potential by using a templated website.
4. Decreased Customer Experience – If a customer is not turned away by an unoriginal, template web design, they will likely be disappointed by the lack of options available in a cookie-cutter website. Customers appreciate opportunities to interact with companies, and social media sites like Twitter and Facebook are an important part of this communication. By investing in a custom website, your business can provide customers easy access to your various social media sites and any news or press releases your business might have.
Plus, if your templated website lacks an intuitive design, customers will have harder time finding information about your company and will move on to another business. Show your customers you know what they want and how to best deliver it with a website that exceeds expectations and meets professional standards.
5. Limiting – Simply put, templated websites often lack a lot of options that can help your business succeed fully. A template website can prevent you from highlight your business’ individual logo and branding icons like you can with a custom design. In addition, you will not have the resources that working with a professional web design team would provide. By having a team of experts at hand, your business can expand its online presence in a variety of ways. You might want to create an e-commerce website, where you can sell your products online, or you may want to invest in a version of your website that is compatible on mobile devices. These options lead to increases in both revenue and outreach for your company.
Don’t make the mistake of purchasing a cookie-cutter website for your company. Investing in a professionally designed, custom website is one of the wisest choices your business can make in today’s economy. I hope you find this information helpful. If you do, please share it with others. Thank you!
ProWeb365: CMS Website Designers